Spending time around the Lac de Vassivière means (re) connecting with nature. Just like an eyebrow, the lake highlights its enchanting environment where light changes with the time of day, season or mood. Its butterfly shape never unveils all the banks at the same time. Each has its mystery, specificity and ecosystem.
With the Lac de Vassivière, the Limousin mounts, le Plateau de Millevaches surrounded by woods, rivers, lakes and ponds the area looks like a Little Sandinavia or a Canadian landscape… even if you are more likely to come across sheep, goats or cows than reindeers or mooses.
Enjoy your stay by one of the most beautiful and biggest lakes in France!
Le Lac de vassivière
The Lake is an endless source of activities : all year round, you can hike, ride a horse or a bike on the 40 km of bank trails ; angle on and around the lake (pike, zander, perch, trout) ; enjoy nautical activities (boat, kayak, diving, water-skiing) or the beach (one is 200 m from Ty Lac).
Numerous festivals and events are organized throughout the year whether you have a taste for culture, sport, nature or local architecture and history.
The best site to prepare your holidays at the Ty Lac cottage is . en fonction de la saison est the official website of the Lac de Vassivière:
Bon à noter:Note: Ty Lac is 200m from a slipway. You can also rent anchorage for a week. Ty lac also features parking space for a boat trailer.
- The bank trail (sentier de rive): 40 km of marked trails around the lake (hiking, biking, horse riding)
- Les landes de Mazuras: 4 or 7 km amid moorland and enchanting mounts
- La presqu’ile de Masgrangeas : walk uphill and see almost 280° of the lake
- Le bois de Crozat ou le Mont Crozat, also called the poets’ trail: several texts are engraved in stone along this wooden trail
- La rigole du Diable : a trail winding aroud the river Thaurion in legendary atmosphere and colours
Remarkable cities and places
- Cité de caractère d'Eymoutiers (12km) a picturesque town with museums, shops, crafts and restaurants
- Peyrat Le Chateau: the gate to the Lake, with its history, river and large pond
- Cité de caractère de Saint Léonard de Noblat ( 40 km): a picturesque town with a guided tour
- The City of Insects in Nedde (10 km)a surprising and fun museum for a family activity
- Parc accro-branche at Vassivière: a tree-climbing activity for young and not so young persons looking for a thrill
- L'Atelier à Royère de Vassivières ( 10 km): a cultural café and restaurant where there is always something going on
- L’Ile de Vassivière: (3 km): an International Centre for art and landscaping, open all year round
- To the North of Ty Lac, the Creuse area with its beautiful countryside, towns like Bourganeuf, Gueret and the famous Aubusson and wildlife parks Les Loups de Chabrière (wolves) and Buffalo reservation (around 1 hour)
- To the East of the cottage, the Limousin natural resources enable you to enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities in a protected environment and to visit numerous places such as the capital city of the area, Limoges (80 km)
- 1 hour drive to the West of Ty lac, you can reach the Auvergne region for summer or winter activities ( ski, hicking...)
- To the South, you can discover the Correze area, le Parc Naturel du Plateau des Millevaches and typical small towns like Meymac, Treignac…